The humble pumpkin, many millions are brutally gutted around the world for the pagan festival of Halloween.
They also happen to be rather good eating! We have provided you with 5 fantastic pumpkin meal ideas! Just make sure to check that you have the edible, flavoursome variety!
1) Pumpkin Pie – The traditional pumpkin pie, a delectable seasonal treat which we recommend spicing with flavours such as cinnamon to provide comfort on gloomy autumn days!
2) Pumpkin Ice Cream – A more obscure idea for those of you with ice-cream makers, pumpkin ice cream is an autumn flavoured treat allowing summer lovers to relive some of the past in the present! Especially delicious served with hot caramel sauce and a warm spiced apple!
3) Pumpkin Chilli – The same way you would make a butternut squash chilli, pumpkin is a great addition to a warming chilli and offers variety from every day veg!
4) Pumpkin Soup – Nothing screams autumn like a thick, delicious soup! Try Pumpkin and carrot as a base combination for your soup! Top with generous shavings of parmesan!
5) Crispy Pumpkin Seeds – Gut your pumpkin, collect the seeds, clean them, place them on a baking tray, soak with a little oil and season with salt, pepper and any other spices you desire! Bake until crispy and golden.